Sunday, October 4, 2009

First Post

I have always wanted to be an artist. Not professionally, but I always wanted to be able to take images from my head and present them in something more than just words. I think I had good ability at a young age, but drawing fell by the way side and I didn't get anywhere by not practicing.

Since January when I started at Dreamworks, however, I have been put in a great environment for enhancing my artistic abilities. I have world-class artists all around me to observe and who provide ample feedback to my work. I'm also a train commuter, which has since given me much time to sketch as I go to work. They even have classes I have taken advantage of on campus to learn techniques I'm now trying to apply.

I hope with this blog I can get even more feedback about my drawing and track my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment